This week we are chatting to Brian Downes, Adventurer, Performance Nerd and Resilience expert.
Once of the core concepts that we speak about is old Irish tradition called Meitheal. Meitheal describes how neighbors would come together to assist in the saving of crops or in other tasks. Brian talks about how this sense of community can be used today to bring people together for the greater good.
- Learning money was not the most important thing in life.
- Following his passion in Coaching, creating Performance nerds with John McNamara.
- The impact of climbing Irelands highest Mountain at 11.
- How failure should be part of the process.
- How Spirituality and Mindfulness has helped with Brians journey.
- Mindfulness Activities like cooking that bring Brian into the Present Moment.
- The impact of bringing people into Nature in the mountains.
- The origins of Meitheal in Ireland and how it how it helps with Collaboration.
- Tips for working with a busy Racing Mind.
Not forgetting that all important question:
What does Mindful Living mean to Brian?
Don’t forget to use the new reply button on Spotify to let me know what you thought of the episode!
How to Contact Brian
Website: https://briandownes.com/ https://www.performancenerds.com/